Approximately 128 million adults in the United States are living with presbyopia. Most people are in their 40s when they first start noticing problems seeing clearly up close. Allen Smith, OD, and Nicole Gdowski, OD, of Lifetime Eyecare in Jenison, Michigan, are experienced in diagnosing and treating the symptoms of presbyopia including with glasses, contacts or now with Vuity daily drops. To protect your vision, it is important to have regular yearly eye exams. Get an eye exam today by calling or requesting an appointment online.request an appointment
VUITY™ Now Available at Lifetime Eyecare
Our eyes change as we age. These age related changes can lead to blurry near vision also known as presbyopia. With presbyopia, the lenses of our eyes become harder and less flexible, making it more difficult to see up-close. But now there’s VUITY™. The first and only prescription eye drop to treat age-related blurry near vision (presbyopia) in adults.
Other Options to Treat Presbyopia Include:
Progressive lenses, reading lenses, bifocals or contact lenses.
BUT NOW there’s a way to treat your presbyopia without the need for additional pairs of glasses.
VUITY™ primarily works by reducing your pupil size to help you see up close.
One drop in each eye, once daily to help improve near vision in presbyopia patients.
If more than one type of eyedrop is being used, administer at least 5 minutes apart.
Remove your contacts lenses before using VUITY™ and wait 10 minutes after dosing before reinserting your contact lenses.
- Do not use VUITY if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Use caution when driving at night or performing hazardous activities in poor lighting.
- Temporary problems when changing focus between near and distant objects may occur.
- Do not drive or use machinery if vision is not clear.
- Seek immediate medical care if you experience any sudden vision loss.
- If you wear contact lenses, they should be removed prior to VUITY use. Wait 10 minutes after dosing before reinserting contact lenses.
- Do not touch the dropper tip to any surface as this may contaminate the contents.
- If more than one topical eye medication is being used, the medicines must be administered at least 5 minutes apart.
- The most common side effects are headache and eye redness. These are not all the possible side effects of VUITY.
More information please see Vuity’s website: vuity.com